Welcome to IPIN 2019!
The tenth edition of the International conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation and the sixth IPIN Competition are taking place in Pisa, Italy. Launched in 2010 in Zurich, Switzerland, IPIN is a unique event entirely dedicated to indoor localisation, its applications and its development.
The last ten years have seen enormous technical progress in this field, yet, in contrast with outdoors well-established GNSS solutions, no technology still exists cheap and accurate enough for the general market. The potential applications of indoor localisation are all-encompassing, from home to wide public areas, from IoT and personal devices to surveillance and crowd behaviour applications, from casual use to mission-critical systems.
Join the over 300 expected industrial and academic experts in informatics, electronics and surveying to address this challenge. Discuss in person scientific and industrial matters, witness state-of-the-art systems and methods, participate in the uniquely challenging IPIN competition and enjoy the ancient town of Pisa and beautiful Tuscany.
- 8 August, 2019 - Tentative detailed program
- 6 August, 2019 - Program overview complete
- 30 July, 2019 - Recommended hotels and B&B accommodation
- 17 July, 2019 - Domenico Mariotti from Siemens giving keynote on reliability
- 15 July, 2019 - technical description for competition - deadline extended
- 30 June, 2019 - Final decisions sent to authors
- 30 June, 2019 - All deadlines are relative to the AoE time zone
- 10 June, 2019 - Francesco Morandin holding deep learning tutorial
- 7 June, 2019 - MDPI Sensors Special Issue on ILS
- 30 May, 2019 - Review process has started
- 24 May, 2019 - Both IPIN chairs giving notes at the CSNC conference in Beijing
- 19 May, 2019 - Nader Moayeri and Neal Patwary giving keynotes
- 14 May, 2019 - ETRI and KICS sponsoring the IPIN competition Track 2 prize
- 13 May, 2019 - Program overview
- 10 May, 2019 - Special sessions on Evaluation and Machine learning
- 7 May, 2019 - Deadline extended: submit a paper up to 26 May
- 2 May, 2019 - Registration for IPIN2019 is now open
- 19 March, 2019 - Sensors MDPI will sponsor the best student paper award with 1000€
- 18 March, 2019 - Work-in-progress papers are published on CEURS
- 7 March, 2019 - Promote your organisation and your business
- 1 March, 2019 - Technical Program Committee is ready
- 20 February, 2019 - Registration information available
- 15 November, 2018 - IPIN 2018 proceedings published